Private Bar Specialty Certification Training: Chapter 51 Involuntary Civil Commitment Cases
$50 - Private attorneys actively taking public defender appointments.
$100 - All other criminal defense attorneys.
Please mail tuition in the form of a check made payable to “State Public Defender” to:
State Public Defender
This program has been approved for 2.0 total Continuing Legal Education Credits.
Here are brief instructions to get you started.
Creating a User Account:
3. Fill out the form with your details.
4. An email will be immediately sent to your email address.
5. Read your email, and click on the web link it contains.
6. Your account will be confirmed and you will be logged in.
7. Now, select the course you want to participate in.
8. If you are prompted for an "enrollment key" - use the one that the SPD has given you. This will "enroll" you in the course (see below).
9. You can now access the full course. From now on you will only need to enter your personal username and password to log in and access any course you have enrolled in.
Navigating the Course:
1. The “enrollment key” for Chapter 51 Involuntary Civil Commitment Cases is 203.
2. The course is divided into a number of sections, including brief videos, PDF documents and short quizzes. It is not necessary to finish the course in one sitting.
3. The videos and PDFs open in a separate window. When finished with a video or PDF, simply close the window to return to the course.
4. The quizzes open within the course itself. When finished with a quiz, click on the “Chapter 51 Nov 2010” button in the upper left of the screen or at the bottom of the screen to return to the course.